Airshare is a family-oriented and customer service focused private aviation company, delivering flexible and efficient solutions for our customers since 2000. We do not raise the bar in private aviation, we set it. We establish high standards for ourselves, which are personified by each of us in everything we do as a company. We constantly take the initiative to innovate and create winning solutions. Delivering unparalleled customer service is our passion. To do that, we rely on employees who can anticipate our customers’ needs and adapt to efficiently fulfill those needs. Feeling inspired? Send us your resume.
We are looking for a full-time Director of Safety at our headquarters in the Lenexa area. We are looking for someone that has a passion for safety and a willingness to take the role to the next level. As we continue to grow, you can too. Our ideal person would have some aviation background along with a strong academic safety background. The willingness and drive to learn is a must. Oversight of the Company’s safety program to ensure that the highest standards of safety and to act as the liaison between the Company and the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) as directed/needed by the CEO or COO on matters pertaining to safety.
Other essential functions:
- Establish, enhance, and administrate the Company’s Safety Management Systems (SMS), and safety culture to include, IEP, ASAP, Employee Safety Report, aviation safety, human factor, and risk analysis.
- Develop and oversee the Company Safety Committee
- Monitor and advise the Director of Operations on operator safety activities that may have an impact on flight and ground safety.
- Maintain Airshare safety audit program.
- Develop and maintain the Company’s Emergency Response Plan.
- Ensure that any OSHA issues are investigated in a timely manner. Stay updated on changes that occur within the OSHA regulations that are applicable to the Company’s business.
- Oversee the bi-annual safety audits for IS-BAO and Argus Prism.
- 30% travel to facility locations.
- This is a non-flying position.
Requires a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
A & P certificate a plus.
At least 3 years supervisory experience in a safety position role preferred.
Must have familiarization with FAR Part 61, 91, 91K, 135, IS-BAO and Safety Management Systems (SMS) and be able to lift at least 25 lbs.
* Rates shown are estimates only based on certain assumptions of Airshare. Rates for private jet travel do not include the acquisition or capital cost of the aircraft. Many factors affect the costs involved in operating business aircraft. The cost estimator is not intended as a budgeting tool and should not be relied upon as a prediction for the costs actually incurred. Airshare makes no representation or warranty to this effect and is not responsible for inaccurate prices. Rates shown do not consist of an offer by nor create any agreement of Airshare.
Flights operated by Executive Flight Services, LLC Air Carrier Operating Certificate #E07A355K